How to choose a TMS software solution that is suitable for your company?
Nowadays, a wide variety of TMS software solutions for the management and optimization of freight transport activities are available on the market, the majority of which are SAAS (software as a service) and are almost always acquired on a subscription basis. This imposes a particular attention in the choice of the solution to adopt.
Each company being unique in its strategic and operational objectives as well as in its requirements, it is important to clearly define a set of needs to be met by your future software solution, in order to make the choice that suits you best.
In addition to these needs, there are also financial requirements and time constraints for acquiring and implementing a solution that is stable enough to be used, if you decide to design and develop a custom solution.
Among all these non-exaustive criteria to be considered, 6 other equally important ones mentioned below should also grab your attention.
– Mobility: The cloud is an undeniable advantage because of the mobility it offers to your team. Whether you have several offices and several collaborators or you decide to work alone from one location, the importance of having your “office” at your fingertips wherever you are to always be ready to act at the right time, you and your collaborators and partners, is an undeniable asset today where precision in terms of information processing times or responses to unforeseen events is an important guarantee of success in this business
– License: Some TMS are free of charge but with limited strategic functionalities that are activated only after subscription with highly variable costs that can in some cases exceed your expectations, others offer a subscription package with no additional costs and all functionalities fully available.
– Scalability: Generally speaking, software is never static. Over time, upgrades in terms of improvements or patches, additions of features can be offered in order to improve your user experience. For example, the collaboration model between the companies using the DESTLINES solution and its technical support has allowed the company’s strategy to be part of a vision of permanent evolution to continue to offer new features and improve those already existing.
– Level of complexity in terms of handling: Apart from the configuration stage which could be relatively complex or long in terms of implementation time, the handling by users should be relatively easy to allow users, even those less accustomed to computer tools to quickly understand and easily use the features in their business processes.
As an example, with DESTLINES, the configuration stage allows to record a sufficient number of immutable data in order to significantly reduce the time needed by users to implement business processes through the use of its functionalities. For example, the time to record a groupage or degrouping process is extremely short, regardless of the quantity, and invoices are generated automatically….
– Security: for TMS accessible via the cloud, ensuring that access from the browser is secured by an SSL certificate is the basic level of security to be observed. Much of the rest of the security depends on the access policy to the application by the users’ devices (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
– Customer relationship: This last point is very important because it touches a highly strategic point for the perenity of your company. Having a set of important tools to facilitate communication with your customers and partners is essential to build loyalty: Automatically send SMS or Whatsapp notifications, summarized and detailed reports (packing, billing, storage) on each customer registered in the application, allow your customers to pay their bills online via the software etc.
Currently the TMS DESTLINES is at its 7th version and the vision of the company for its continuous improvement, continues to be applied in order to provide its present and future users with new features and an always enriching user experience.
Request a 15-day demo version: http://destlines.com/about-us/#demorequest
Order now: http://destlines.com/solution/
NB: We assist you for the deployment within your company as well as in the necessary training for you and your team.